Employee Spotlight October
We asked her a few questions:
– What drew you to Gillette Optometric Clinic originally?
I walked in as an emergency and enjoyed everyone’s hospitality and how caring they all were. I had asked Mindy May, Dr. Fischer, and Jamie Vanek questions, and they all told me it was a great place to work and to put my resume in. 2 weeks later I did and I’m glad. It was the best decision ever.
– Best vacation you’ve been to?
Galveston TX. In 2012 we went to see the ocean for the first time and I built my first sand castle. It was the most beautiful! There are no words to express what it is like to be at the ocean for the first time.
– What do you find the most challenging at Gillette Optometric Clinic?
Understanding and fitting progressive lenses is the most challenging part of my job because of all the different technologies available. Adjusting them correctly to the patient’s eyes is challenging too.
– If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
Jesus. I don’t know if I’d be able to speak at all. I would be in awe. I would apologize for the many ways in which I have been unworthy and thank him for all my blessings in life. There would be so many thanks!
– What is your favorite season and why?
Autumn. I love all the different colors, the cool breeze, comfy sweaters and yummy spiced tea.